Vitamin K1 injection
A Yellow to orange yellow transparent viscous liquid.
Vitamin K is used to treat and prevent low levels of certain substances (blood clotting factors) that your body naturally produces. These substances help your blood to thicken and stop bleeding normally (e.g., after an accidental cut or injury). Low levels of blood clotting factors increase the risk for unusual bleeding. Low levels may be caused by certain medications (e.g., warfarin) or medical conditions (e.g., obstructive jaundice). Vitamin K helps to treat and prevent unusual bleeding by increasing the body's production of blood clotting factors..
Pain, swelling, or soreness at the injection site may occur. Temporary flushing, taste changes, dizziness, rapid heartbeat, sweating, shortness of breath, or bluish lips/skin/nails may also rarely occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, get medical help right away if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing..
Hypersensitivity to any component of this medication.
Before using vitamin K, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: blood disorders, kidney disease, liver disease.
This product may contain aluminum, which can rarely build up to dangerous levels in the body. The risk may be increased if this product is used for an extended time, especially in people with kidney disease. Tell your doctor right away if you notice any symptoms of too much aluminum in the body such as muscle weakness, bone pain, or mental changes.