Product name: Cefalexin capsule
Shelf Life: 3 Years
This product is mainly composed of cephalexin.
Chemical name: (6R,7R)-3-methyl-7-[(R)-2-amino-2-phenylacetylamino]-8-oxo-5-thia-1-azabicyclo[4.2. 0] Oct-2-ene-2-carboxylic acid-hydrate.
Molecular formula: C16H17N3O4S·H2O
Molecular weight: 365.41
This product is a capsule.
Applicable to sensitive bacteria caused by acute tonsillitis, angina, otitis media, sinusitis, bronchitis, pneumonia and other respiratory infections, urinary tract infections and skin and soft tissue infections. This product is an oral preparation and should not be used for severe infections.
Calculate 0.25g by C16H17N3O4S
Adult dose: Oral. Usually 250 ~ 500mg, 4 times a day, the highest dose of 4g a day. Patients with impaired renal function should be given reduced doses based on the degree of impaired renal function. Simple cystitis, skin and soft tissue infections, and streptococcal angina patients 500 mg every 12 hours.
Child dose: Oral. Daily weight 25 ~ 50mg/kg, 4 times a day. Skin and soft tissue infections and streptococcal angina patients take oral administration of 12.5 to 50 mg/kg every 12 hours.
1. Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal discomfort are more common.
2. Allergic reactions such as skin rashes and drug fever can cause anaphylactic shock.
3. Dizziness, diplopia, tinnitus, convulsions and other nervous system reactions.
4. Even transient kidney damage may occur during the application of this product.
5. Occasionally, patients have elevated serum aminotransferases and positive Coombs tests. Rare hemolytic anemia, neutropenia and pseudomembranous colitis have also been reported.
Allergic to cephalosporins and penicillin anaphylactic shock or immediate reaction history were banned.
1. Before applying this product, patients must be asked in detail about the cephalosporins, penicillins and other drugs allergic history, history of penicillin drugs allergic shock can not be applied to this product, other patients must pay attention to cephalosporins and the application of this product The chance of cross-allergic reactions in penicillins is about 5% to 7%, which should be used with caution under close observation. In the event of an allergic reaction, the drug is discontinued immediately. If anaphylactic shock occurs, it must be rescued on the spot, including maintaining airway patency, oxygen intake, and the use of adrenaline and glucocorticoids.
2. Patients with a history of gastrointestinal disease, especially those with ulcerative colitis, localized colitis, or antibiotic-associated colitis (with cephalosporin rarely producing pseudomembranous colitis), and those with impaired renal function should use this product with caution.
3. Disturbance to Diagnosis: Direct Coombs test positive reaction and urine sugar false positive reaction (copper sulphate method) may occur when this product is used; Alkaline phosphatase, serum alanine aminotransferase and aspartate aminotransferase in a few patients Enzymes can increase.
4. When daily oral doses exceed 4 g (anhydrous cephalexin), cephalosporin drugs for injection should be considered.
5. Cephalexin is mainly excreted by the kidneys, and patients with impaired renal function must reduce the amount of this product.
Shade, seal, save in a cool place (shading not exceeding 20°C).