Product name: Benzylpenicillin sodium for injection
Specification: 0.8mega, 1mega, 1.6mega, 2mega, 5mega, 10mega
Shelf Life: 3 Years
Benzylpenicillin Sodium For Injection
Benzylpenicillin sodium for inj
Benzylpenicillin sodium for injection
This product is mainly composed of penicillin sodium.
Chemical name: (2S,5R,6R)-3,3-dimethyl-6-(2-phenylacetylamino)-7-oxo-4-thia-1-azabicyclo[3.2.0] Heptane-2-carboxylic acid sodium salt.
Molecular formula: C16H17N2NaO4S
Molecular weight: 356.38
This product is a white crystalline powder.
Penicillin is suitable for all kinds of infections caused by sensitive bacteria, such as abscesses, bacteremia, pneumonia and endocarditis.
Penicillin is the drug of choice for the following infections:
1. Hemolytic streptococcal infections such as pharyngitis, tonsillitis, scarlet fever, erysipelas, cellulitis, and puerperal fever.
2. Streptococcus pneumoniae infections such as pneumonia, otitis media, meningitis, and bacteremia.
3. Does not produce penicillinase staphylococci infection.
5. Tetanus, gas gangrene and other clostridial infections.
6. Syphilis (including congenital syphilis).
8. Return to heat.
10. Penicillin and aminoglycosides are used in the treatment of Streptococcus viridans endocarditis.
Penicillin can also be used for treatment:
1. Epidemic cerebrospinal meningitis.
4. Fen Sen angina.
5. Lyme disease.
6. Rat bite heat.
7. Listeria infection.
8. There are many anaerobic infections other than Bacteroides fragilis.
In patients with rheumatic heart disease or congenital heart disease undergoing oral, dental, gastrointestinal or genitourinary surgery and procedures, penicillin can be used to prevent the occurrence of infective endocarditis.
0.8mega, 1mega, 1.6mega, 2mega, 5mega, 10mega
Penicillin is administered by intramuscular injection or intravenous drip.
1. Adults: intramuscular injection, 800,000 to 2 million units a day, divided into 3 to 4 doses; intravenous infusion: 2 million to 20 million units a day, divided into 2 to 4 doses.
2. Pediatric: intramuscular injection, according to the weight of 25,000 units / kg, once every 12 hours; intravenous drip: daily weight of 50,000 to 200,000 units / kg, 2 to 4 doses.
3. Newborns (full term): each time 50,000 units/kg body weight, intramuscular or intravenous drip; every 12 hours in the first week of birth, and every 8 hours for more than one week, severe infections 6 hours.
4. Preterm infants: Each time the weight of 30,000 units / kg, the first week of birth every 12 hours, 2 to 4 weeks, every 8 hours; after every 6 hours.
5. Patients with impaired renal function: Those with mild or moderate renal impairment do not need to lose weight with conventional doses. Patients with severe renal impairment should prolong the dosing interval or adjust the dose. When the endogenous creatinine clearance rate is 10 to 50 ml/min, the dosing interval is prolonged from 8 hours to 8 to 12 hours or the dosing interval is constant and the dose is reduced by 25%; the endogenous creatinine clearance is less than 10 ml/minute. The interval between dosing was extended to 12-18 hours or each dose was reduced to 25%-50% of the normal dose and the dosing interval did not change.
6. For intramuscular injection, every 500,000 penicillin potassium units are dissolved in 1 ml of sterile water for injection, and more than 500,000 units need to be sterilized with 2 ml of water for injection; sodium chloride injection should not be used as a solvent; the rate of administration at intravenous drip Do not exceed 500,000 units per minute to avoid central nervous system toxicities.
1. Allergic reactions: penicillin allergic reactions are more common, including urticaria and other types of rash, leukopenia, interstitial nephritis, asthma attacks and other serum-type reactions; anaphylactic shock occasionally, once it must be on-site rescue and be maintained The airway is open, oxygen is inhaled, and epinephrine, glucocorticoids, and other treatments are used.
2. Toxic reactions: rare, but intravenous infusion of large doses of this product or intrathecal administration may result in convulsions, muscle clumps, coma, and severe psychiatric symptoms (penicillin encephalopathy) due to high cerebrospinal fluid drug concentrations. This reaction is more common in infants, the elderly and patients with renal insufficiency.
3. Herdsman reaction and treatment contradiction: when penicillin is used to treat syphilis, leptospirosis and other diseases, the symptoms can be aggravated due to the death of pathogens, known as Heckel's reaction; treatment conflicts are also seen in patients with syphilis, and the syphilis lesions disappear too quickly after treatment. The tissue repair is relatively slow or the fibrous tissues in the affected area contract, impeding the function of the organs.
4. Double infection: Secondary infections such as penicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, gram-negative bacilli, or Candida can occur.
5. Large doses of penicillin sodium can cause heart failure due to ingestion of large amounts of sodium salts.
Patients with a history of penicillin allergy or penicillin skin test were banned.
1. Before the application of this product need to ask about the history of drug allergy and penicillin skin test, skin test solution containing 500 units of penicillin per 1ml, intradermal injection of 0.05 ~ 0.1ml, after 20 minutes, observe the skin test results, positive responders disabled . The user must be desensitized and should be ready for first aid for allergic reactions.
2. Those who are allergic to penicillin may be allergic to other penicillins and penicillamines. Patients with allergic diseases such as asthma, eczema, hay fever, and urticaria should use this product with caution.
3. Penicillin solution is unstable at room temperature, 20 units/ml penicillin solution was placed at 30 °C for 24 hours, the potency decreased by 56%, penicillic acid content increased 200 times, so the application of this product must be freshly prepared.
4. Electrolyte should be periodically tested when using this product in high doses;
5. Interference with diagnosis:
(1) During the application of penicillin, false positives may occur when urinary glucose is measured by the copper sulfate method, but the glucosidase method is not affected.
(2) Intravenous instillation of this product can increase serum sodium levels.
(3) This product can increase serum alanine aminotransferase or aspartate aminotransferase.
Closed and kept in a dry place.